10 Expert-Approved Anti-Ageing Products
Anti-ageing is a big deal—perhaps the biggest deal—in the world of skincare. There’s a dizzying array of products to choose from, all with their own set of amazing claims. So, how on earth do you know which ones will really work for your anti-ageing concerns? It all comes down to the ingredients, which is where Paula’s Choice Skincare specialises!
Key Anti-Ageing Ingredients
The key to your search is finding products that are chock-full of anti-ageing ingredients that deliver real results. There are plenty of skincare companies that claim to have discovered or use one-of-a-kind, proprietary anti-ageing ingredients or ingredient blends, but many of these ingredients simply don’t have the research to back up their claims—and it’s research that matters most when it comes to getting what you want out of a product!
At Paula’s Choice Skincare, we’ve spent decades poring over studies to learn which anti-ageing ingredients have the most evidence to support their claims, and how they work with other cosmetic ingredients.
Of course there’s always emerging research and discoveries, which we follow closely, but here are some of the best-studied ingredients you should look for in an anti-ageing skincare product (click the links for details on their benefits for skin): retinol, antioxidants, omega fatty acids, ceramides, and skin-restoring and skin-replenishing ingredients like niacinamide and hyaluronic acid. These ingredients deliver results that will have your skin looking younger, fast.
Before you get too excited, commit this to memory: Daily sunscreen use is crucial to preventing or slowing the signs of ageing. Make sure that during the day you use a product with SPF for maximum wrinkle fighting and reducing other signs of ageing. This is a must-do step in your anti-ageing skincare routine!
One final note: Packaging of anti-ageing skincare products matters. Many of the ingredients mentioned above are delicate, and begin to degrade (meaning they lose their effectiveness) as soon as they’re exposed to light and air. If your anti-ageing product is packaged in a jar that lets air in or in a clear package that doesn’t have a UV coating, steer clear!
10 Expert-Approved Anti-Ageing Products
Now that you have the information you need to find anti-ageing products that really work, we’re going to help you out even more—with our recommendation of 10 Paula’s Choice Skincare anti-ageing products guaranteed to deliver visible results:
- RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum – The power of retinol plus stabilised vitamin C to renew and brighten skin.
- 1% Retinol Booster – A lightweight retinol product you can add to your favourite moisturiser or serum or use alone, no matter your skin type.
- RESIST Anti-Aging Eye Cream –This balm-like cream helps tackle fine lines and undereye darkness, and serves as a soothing nighttime eye mask.
- 10% Niacinamide Booster – A concentrated dose of B vitamin niacinamide that targets enlarged pores and dullness, and refines skin’s texture.
- RESIST Omega+ Complex Serum – Provides essential nutrients, including omega fatty acids, to help strengthen skin’s moisture barrier.
- Hyaluronic Acid Booster – A fluid gel that visibly plumps and renews while banishing the look of dull, dehydrated skin.
- RESIST Brightening Essence – Get noticeably brighter skin with this blend of niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, and the skin-brightening antioxidant arbutin.
- C25 Super Booster – With a high concentration of time-released vitamin C, this silky cream helps improve the look of uneven skin tone and red marks.
- RESIST Skin Restoring Moisturizer – A hydrating, antioxidant-rich way to protect against sun damage. Works beautifully under makeup!
- RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defense – A lightly tinted mineral sunscreen that helps boost skin’s environmental defenses and sets to a shine-free finish.
References for this information:
Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, September 2017, pages 18–21 and December 2015, pages 2326–2332
Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, March 2016, pages 49–57
Journal of Clinical Medicine, February 2016, ePublication
Brazilian Archive of Biology and Technology, January-February 2012, pages 127–134
The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, June 2011, pages 45–55
Dermato-endocrinology, July 2012, pages 253–258
About the Experts
Paula Begoun is the best-selling author of 20 books about skincare and makeup. She is known worldwide as The Cosmetics Cop and creator of Paula’s Choice Skincare. Paula’s expertise has led to hundreds of appearances on national and international radio, print, and television including:
The Paula's Choice Research Team is dedicated to busting beauty myths and providing expert advice that solves your skincare frustrations so you can have the best skin of your life!