There are no items in your bag at this time.
The Best Anti-Ageing Skincare for Men
Truth time: Anti-ageing skincare for men isn’t much different from anti-ageing skincare for women. The same types of ingredients will improve a guy’s skin while working with his shaving routine. But men are at a bit of a disadvantage, simply because most men’s skincare products are terribly formulated, often full of drying and irritating ingredients. That’s why Paula’s Choice Skincare developed our exclusive PC4Men collection, following the same research-based approach we take when developing every one of our skincare products.
An anti-ageing skincare routine for men can be quick and simple: gentle cleansing, exfoliating with a leave-on product (not an abrasive scrub, as these are almost always too rough on skin), daytime sun protection, and nighttime hydration. The best products are always non-irritating, fragrance-free, and should include anti-ageing ingredients that work to restore and replenish skin. Our PC4MEN kit has everything you need to get started:
- PC4MEN Face Wash. Use this refreshing gel cleanser morning and night to remove dirt, excess oil, and surface grime.
- PC4MEN Shave provides a comfortable, close shave. Its creamy formula rinses easily, leaving skin smooth and hydrated.
- PC4MEN Soothe + Smooth goes on after your morning shave, and in the evening after washing your face. Its superstar ingredient is beta hydroxy acid (BHA), which gently sloughs dead skin, minimises the appearance of redness, clears bumps and blemishes, reduces pore size, and visibly minimises fine lines, wrinkles, and signs of sun damage. No scrub can do all of this!
- PC4MEN Daytime Protect SPF. Use this shine-free, lightweight protector every day, regardless of the weather—even if you’ll mostly be inside. Broad-spectrum sunscreen is key, because unprotected sun exposure is the primary cause of nearly every visible sign of ageing.
- PC4MEN Nighttime Repair. This non-greasy moisturiser contains anti-ageing powerhouse retinol (vitamin A), which has over 40 years of scientific research proving its effectiveness.
These five products will get you well on your way to firmer, more even-toned, younger-looking skin.
Anti-Ageing Skincare for Men—Beyond the Basics:
If you’ve already got a handle on cleansing, exfoliating, sun protection, and moisturising, you’re ready to move up a level with one (or more) of our targeted anti-ageing products for men. These are the game-changers for specific skin concerns, and can easily be worked in to your basic routine.
Serums deliver a concentrated cocktail of anti-ageing ingredients, and Paula’s Choice offers several formulas, based on skin type and concerns. Not sure where to start? Most men will love the weightless feel of our wrinkle-fighting RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. Apply it either during the day or at night, just before moisturising.
Paula’s Choice Skincare offers several anti-ageing boosters for men—each with its own standout feature that lets you fine-tune your routine. Apply boosters after or in place of your serum, then follow with moisturiser if needed.
- C15 Super Booster visibly firms, brightens, and minimises the look of red or brown areas (including post-acne marks).
- C25 Super Booster lets you target stubborn signs of sun damage, like freckles and brown spots, plus targets the look of crow's feet.
- 10% Niacinamide Booster targets large pores and discolourations.
- Moisture Renewal Oil Booster combats dryness, dehydration, and dull texture.Great during cold winters!
- Hyaluronic Acid Booster tackles fine lines and rough texture.
- Peptide Booster uses the building blocks of protein to tackle wrinkles, loss of firmness, and rough texture.
- 1% Retinol Booster evens skin tone, visibly firms, and diminishes wrinkles.
Not sure how to put it all together? Reach out to our Client Services team; they’re ready to help you design the perfect routine for your specific skincare needs.
References for this information:
Cutis, July 2013 Supplemental, pages 6–12
British Journal of Dermatology, March 2012 Supplemental, pages 6–12
Dermatology Research and Practice, August 2012, ePublication
The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, September 2012, pages 18–23
Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, November 2012, pages 1013–1024
Archives of Dermatology, May 2007, pages 606–612
Clinical Interventions in Aging, 2006, pages 327–348
International Journal of Pharmaceutics, June 2002, pages 85–94
Do you want to see more articles like this?
Get exclusive beauty advice delivered twice a month. Unsubscribe at any time.
About the Experts
Paula Begoun is the best-selling author of 20 books about skincare and makeup. She is known worldwide as The Cosmetics Cop and creator of Paula’s Choice Skincare. Paula’s expertise has led to hundreds of appearances on national and international radio, print, and television including:
The Paula's Choice Research Team is dedicated to busting beauty myths and providing expert advice that solves your skincare frustrations so you can have the best skin of your life!