The Best Moisturisers for Oily, Acne-Prone Skin
When you think of skincare products for oily, acne-prone skin, moisturisers probably aren’t at the top of your list. After all, doesn’t using a moisturiser mean more pimples, more clogged pores, and annoying oily shine? Given these concerns, it’s understandable to worry that applying a cream or lotion could make matters worse, but there’s a no-risk way to hydrate, even if you have acne-prone skin.
Hydrated skin is healthy skin, even if you’re prone to breakouts and oily skin. Moisturisers aren’t limited to thicker textures; there are lightweight options that will smooth and soothe skin without clogging pores.
The Paula’s Choice Skincare Team has spent years researching ways to give oily, acne-prone skin the beneficial ingredients it needs with lightweight yet still-potent formulas that strike the right balance for your skin. One of these is sure to be the right solution for you, and all of them can be used along with acne-fighting products:
- SKIN BALANCING Invisible Finish Moisture Gel – A skin-refreshing, weightless hydrator that makes skin visibly softer and smoother while protecting it against signs of flaky, dehydrated skin.
- SKIN BALANCING Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense Broad Spectrum – Those with oily, acne-prone skin often skip sunscreen, worrying that thicker formulas can clog pores. But sun damage hurts everyone’s skin, so it’s critical to wear SPF every day. This remarkably light, fluid lotion formula defends against the sun’s rays while keeping excess shine in check.
- CALM Redness Relief Moisturizer for Normal to Oily Skin provides feather-light cream-gel hydration to lessen the signs of aging, while calming the appearance of redness and sensitivity.
- CALM Redness Relief Mineral Moisturizer for Normal to Oily Skin – A lightweight, soft matte finish moisturiser with sunscreen that soothes sensitive skin while still providing powerful yet gentle protection.
- RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defense – An age-fighting, pore-smoothing formula that protects against the sun’s rays with pure mineral zinc oxide sunscreen and a light tint that keeps it from having a white cast.
- CLEAR Ultra-Light Daily Hydrating Fluid – This water-light liquid sunscreen alleviates areas of dryness and flaking without feeling the least bit slick, greasy, or suffocating.
References for this information:
Phytotherapy Research, August 2015, issue 8, pages 1117–1122
Dermatology Research and Practice, July 2014, pages 1–11
British Journal of Dermatology, August 2007, pages 295–300
About the Experts
Paula Begoun is the best-selling author of 20 books about skincare and makeup. She is known worldwide as The Cosmetics Cop and creator of Paula’s Choice Skincare. Paula’s expertise has led to hundreds of appearances on national and international radio, print, and television including:
The Paula's Choice Research Team is dedicated to busting beauty myths and providing expert advice that solves your skincare frustrations so you can have the best skin of your life!