Privacy & Security
Last updated: 07/21/2020
This website at
(Website) is operated by Paula's Choice International Australia PTY. LTD. Level 12, 60 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000 ("we", "us" and "our").
2. What is personal information?
- (a) Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether recorded in material form or not.
- (b) While you visit this Website, we may collect different kinds of personal information from you in a variety of ways.
3. What personal information do we collect?
- (a) We may collect personal information from you when you:
- (i) purchase products from us; or
- (ii) contact us by any method, such as telephone, email, post, facsimile or in person.
- (b) When you access and use this Website we will record and log for statistical purposes certain information about such access and use, including your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the parts of the Website you access during your visit, your actions on the Website, and the browser you are using. Where you are registered as a customer, this information may be associated with you.
- (c) When you register as a customer, we will collect the personal information you provide to us during the registration process and through your subsequent use of the Website. Such personal information may include details such as your name, phone number, email address, credit card number, expiry date and billing address.
- (d) We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer this Website and your e-mail message content may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of e-mail abuse is suspected.
- (e) As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect information from a third party where they purchase products on your behalf.
You may use this Website without registering, in which case we will not be able to personally identify you unless you choose to purchase products from us or otherwise provide us with your identity. You cannot, however, register or purchase products from us anonymously or using a pseudonym.
- (b) Please note that rejecting cookies may mean that some or all of the functions on the Website will not be available to you. In particular, cookies must be enabled to access and use any part of this Website for placing orders.
6. How is your personal information used?
- (a) The personal information that we collect is generally used to provide goods or services to you, track your Website usage, to evaluate performance of the Website, to keep track of your shopping cart and your account settings. Information collected by us may also be used for the following purposes:
- (i) to provide you with information in relation to the goods and services we provide;
- (ii) to send email notifications for special promotions or offers conducted by us and our suppliers;
- (iii) to conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research;
- (iv) to respond to your questions or suggestions; or
- (v) to improve the quality of our goods or service and the quality of your visit to the Website.
- (b) You may opt out of receiving such information by notifying us accordingly, or using any unsubscribe facility we provide for that purpose.
7. Disclosure of your personal information
- (a) We do not sell, rent or trade personal information to or with any other third parties.
- (b) We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- (ii) that third party is a contractor engaged to provide goods or services to us (including goods or services that assist us in providing the Website). This may include disclosure to contractors outside of Australia. Our agreements with such contractors require that they keep your personal information confidential, and that they only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes of providing those goods or services to us;
- (iii) you have consented for us to share the information for this purpose, or the disclosure is authorised by the Privacy Act including:
- (A) to lessen or prevent a serious threat to life or health;
- (B) to protect the personal safety of users of this Website or the public;
- (C) if authorised or required by law;
- (D) if we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- (E) to enforce the law or where necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity; or
- (F) you would reasonably expect or we have told you that your personal information is usually used or disclosed to third parties in this way.
8. Access and correction of your personal information
- (a) We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception to such disclosure which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- (b) If you require access to your personal information, please email
. Before we provide you with access to your personal information we will require some proof of identity. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge, however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort on our part.
- (c) If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the APPs (unless it would be unreasonable to do so).
- (d) We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
- (a) The security of your personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps to prevent your information from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes the use of technologies and processes such as access control procedures, network firewalls, encryption and physical security to protect the privacy of your personal information.
- (b) The steps we take to protect personal information include:
- (i) using a secure server system that encrypts your order information;
- (ii) password protecting your order information on our systems;
- (iii) deleting your credit card data from the secure server once an order is processed; and
- (iv) processing your payment internally.
10. Links to other websites
Sometimes the Website contains links to other websites. When you access a website other than the Website, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
11. How to contact us
- (a) If you have any queries or complaints with regard our collection, use or management of your personal information, please contact:
A: Paula's Choice, LLC
705 5th Ave S, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98104-2845, USA
- T: 1-800-608-574
(b) If you wish to make a complaint about an alleged breach of the Privacy Act, we ask that you send us your complaint in writing to the email address listed above. We endeavour to respond to complaints within a reasonable period (usually 30 days). If you are not satisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by phoning 1300 363 992 or by email at .